Get Started with CrossFit Miramont 101
Each new athlete must complete CrossFit Miramont 101 which consists of 2 private sessions with a CrossFit Miramont trainer.
You will learn the basic movements that are essential to CrossFit. There will be a large emphasis on teaching you correct form and technique to ensure your safety. Proper form and technique is essential to ensure your safety and to allow you to progress your fitness and increase intensity. CrossFit is scalable to any age, skill-set, and fitness level. Your needs and the Olympic athlete’s differ by degree, not kind.
$37.50/session (Two 1-on-1 sessions)
$42.50/session (Two 1-on-1 sessions)
What should I expect from a CrossFit workout?
- The CrossFit prescription is “constantly varied, functional movement, performed at high intensity.”
- No aspect of functional movement is more important than their capacity to move large loads over long distances, and to do so quickly. Collectively, these three attributes (load, distance, and speed) uniquely qualify functional movements for the production of high power.
- Our prescription of functionality and intensity is constantly varied. We believe that preparation for random physical challenges – i.e. unknown and unknowable events –is at odds with fixed, predictable, and routine regimens.
- In implementation, CrossFit is, quite simply, a sport – the “sport of fitness” – that motives participants: whiteboards as scoreboards, keeping accurate scores and records, running a clock, and precisely defining the rules and standards for performance.
- CrossFit is not a specialized fitness program, but a deliberate attempt to optimize physical competence in each of the ten recognized fitness domains:Cardiovascular and Respiratory Endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance, Accuracy