As health care expenses rise, workplaces around the country are beginning to make investments in workplace wellness
programs to reduce the amount they spend each year on medical care for their employees.
Healthy employees are more productive, miss less time at work due to illness and often produce more while in the office. Different companies may implement different types of programs, based on the number of employees they have and the availability of programming in their area.
Miramont Lifestyle Fitness provides resources and tools for employers looking to implement wellness and fitness programs.
For more information about the services available,
contact Linda Smith at 970-672-4241 or Amanda Wicker at 970-744-5001.
Whether your employer offers a wellness program or not, bringing fitness to your workplace is easy. Try one of these tips each week:
- Consider heading to the gym for your lunch hour. Spending 45 minutes swimming laps in the pool or lifting weights will help clear your mind and provide a burst of energy that will help you finish your workday with full steam.
- If you work in an office building, take the stairs rather than waiting for the elevator. Short intervals of physical activities, like a 10 minute break to go up and down the stairs, can improve your overall fitness and health over time.
- After eating, take a walk around the block. This quick jaunt may stave off the feeling of sleepiness that often occurs after eating a big meal.
- You can even get in a quick workout without ever leaving your office chair. Sitting in a chair 12 hours a day (work, dinner, television) takes a toll on your body. While seated, interlace your fingers and stretch your hands out behind your back, hold for 30 seconds. This stretch will loosen the muscles in your back that have tensed up while hunched over a keyboard.
- Afterward, pump both your arms over your head for 30 seconds, followed by tapping your feet, football-drill style for 30 seconds. Repeat these moves 3-5 times for a complete workout in less than 15 minutes.
Workplace Wellness at Miramont Lifestyle Fitness
Did you know Miramont offers world class corporate wellness and team building programs?
Looking to Engage, Energize, and Inspire your Team? Look no further… Miramont’s professionally trained team has developed a program utilizing the synergy and partnerships formed in climbing to assist in the molding and reinforcement of your team!
- Team building exercises
- Climbing related team collaboration
- Mind and Body Wellness exercises
- Communication workshops
- Discovery and definition of your team’s Purpose, Values, and core Culture
- Further develop the bond between your team members
$200 per participant per four hour session.
Let us help increase your profitability as a Purpose driven organization! See or call the Climbing Wall Manager for additional rates and reservations at 970. 672.4221